Friday, October 19, 2007

Well I figured I would join everyone else and start a blog

So I am sitting at home on a Friday, two days before the Gainesville florida state race, and I decided to start a blog. I have never been real good at keeping up with things like this, but hey, if I get to talk about racing my bike or the sport of cycling in general, then that should definitely help!

Well so far I haven't had the best of luck moving into the expert class in the Florida state series. I was kinda getting burned out from racing all year, but overall I had a really good year with a sport national and regional championship, thanks to mom and dad's support! but my bodies idea of the end of the season was a little different than the race schedule or what I was trying to do. So after Jacksonville I decided to take a few days off. and thats what I did. I had lost a lot of the desire I had before, and it was not a good feeling! Well my first ride after taking a break was on my trusty ole trek Y22. Yes the creeking and cracking carbon y framed bike that everyone thought was gonna break on em on a downhill. But thats beside the point. After about 30 minutes of an easy to moderate pace, it really came back to me. it just came on like someone flipped a light switch! THIS IS AMAZING! I said as I was twisting down pine tree trail at Santos. I let out a holler and just laid into it and went all out from there back to the trail head and all the way home. What an amazing feeling it was to be back on the bike and feeling that connection you have with it. well since then I have been getting some good training in, and I feel 100percent better than I did at Jacksonville. So I guess we will see what happens when the whistle blows at gainesville...

No comments: