Monday, January 21, 2008

almost a century....


As you can see from the title of this one, I almost did my first century today.....but not quite. I think the exact mileage was 92 miles. I guess I should of just ridden around the block a few times.... I guess I didn't think of that one.

Anyway, Ryan, Luke, and I went out for a nice long road ride down past lake weir, all the way to Umatilla which I guess is a small town in between Orlando and belleview. Pretty much the whole way down we had a head wind and weren't going too fast, but on the way back with a tail wind we were able to go a lot faster. As far as the terrain, we did go on a dirt road for a few miles which was pretty fun. It got pretty loose in some areas so you had to be careful and not make any sharp turns. and umm....yes I did eat it once, right when we started down it. fell over on my side and some how got chainring marks on my left leg....funny cuz the chainring is on the right side.

After the ride we had our usual dinner at Moe's for some good ole burritos! nothin like some moe's after riding. Well I guess I should head to bed, so I can wake up and go ride tomorrow before work. until next time....

No comments: