Saturday, January 12, 2008

waiting for the 50....

Right now I am sitting at my computer watching the minutes go by painfully slow. I got off work last night around midnight and got to bed about 1 this morning, and was told that the san felasco 50 started at 8 this morning. so I woke up accordingly(6 am) and after making a pot of coffee and eating some breakfast I go to wake up Ryan and he tells me I am an hour early....DOH! That kinda stinks. So instead of going back to bed for 20 minutes I decided to just write a blog.

So as most of you know its the off season for us mountain bikers which for me and Ryan right now means long easy miles. And thats what it has been for the last two or three weeks so far. last Saturday, Sunday and Monday, I logged over 11 hours. (2:30 Sat, 3:30-4 Sun, over 5 Mon) I was feeling really good physically and mentally knowing how good this is gonna be later on in the season, when it really shows how much you rode the winter before. But, since monday I haven't ridden due to a cold and major sinus stuff. Ryan woke up sick on Monday but rode anyway, and then got worse for I believe two days and is pretty much fine now....I think. Well I got pretty sick tuesday, and got worse until yesterday when I finally started to get better. Normally I can still function ok with colds and such, but my equilibrium was thrown for a loop and I was getting really bad headaches from it. So I guess what I am getting at is I haven't ridden since monday, but I am ready to get back on my noble steed and ride ride ride! Oh, which reminds me! My awesome parents got me a new road frame! its a 2006 Specialized Sworks E5, and now I can't wait for the road season to start back up!

Well I need to run. Ryan just woke up and I need to go finish getting ready. See Ya!

1 comment:

Kurt Leverett said...

11hrs in three days. Must be some grocery bill!