Monday, March 24, 2008

Serc #1 the big day...

The day I had been waiting for was almost here, we pulled in to the track at around 4:00ish on saturday to preride. We stopped at Publix just before we got there to pick up some stuff to eat, So I had tuna salad and wheat thins about 5 minutes before we rode. Lets just say thats not a good combination... I got dropped on the pre ride witch is never good. Needless to say I made it back and got somethin else to eat, and sat the next lap out while Ryan and Luke went and rode. shortly after they took off, Kent Lofton pulled up and got ready to ride. We went out for my second lap(and Ryan's 3rd) and I felt alot better! maybe pushed a lil harder than we should have, but it was worth it! We finally packed up and headed back south for some grub and sleep. Next morning, I couldn't wait to get to the track. I had to replace my middle chainring that morning, do to some bad skipping. After fixing that problem, I felt almost invincible....until I started to warm up. Getting out on the road warming up I just didn't feel any good power in my legs... well lets just say I felt like a diesel engine. once I got up to speed, I could roll out! But for short quick power, I just didn't seem to have any. Unfortunately this was a course that I really needed it.


Alright, moving on to the race. we line up and I had a decent start, going into the woods third, with quite a few position changes throughout the first lap, but finished that lap in 3rd. from then on my race was a long lonesome one, knowing that Seth Kemp and Craig Evans(I believe thats his name) were slowly pulling away. But no one was catching me. Basically I finished 3rd, learned some things from that race, and can't wait for my next serc appearance....

No comments: